Charles County Recreation, Parks & Tourism
Skip to nav
- Pickleball play is on a PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK basis.
- Court use is permitted for Charles County Residents only.
- Players must maintain social distancing (no closer than 6’ to other players).
- Pre-registration required. Registration closes 24-hours before the program start time.
- Port Tobacco Pickleball hours: Thursday 5:00-7:00p, and Saturday 8:00-10:00a. Court time slots available for 2 hours on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- WSRC Pickleball hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 2:30-4:30p. Court time slots available for 2 hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Participants must provide an hour notice by contacting the facility directly if they are not be able to participant on any given day. Participants may be removed from the program for multiple no call no shows.
- Players are permitted to enter the facility at their reserved time and must abide by social distancing measures during check-in procedures. Spectators are not allowed.
- At check-in, a health questionnaire and temperature scan must be completed by all players.
- Face masks are required indoors for participants ages 5 and up at all times when at Charles County Recreation, Parks and Tourism facilities. Pickleball players are required to keep their mask on during play while indoors. Gloves are recommended for players but not required.
- Players must vacate the court immediately once scheduled time has ended. No congregating in the facility is permitted.
- A maximum of two (2) courts will be offered during posted pickleball dates/times. Middle court area will remain an open space and used as waiting area and to divide the courts.
- The courts will be set-up with chairs distanced 6’ around the perimeter for players to use during play. Player’s water and any personal items will remain at their chair.
- Each session will allow for a 12-player maximum. Four (4) players maximum allowed per court with two (2) players waiting to play per court. Singles play will be permitted only if there are less than 8 players per session.
- It is recommended for players to wash hands and use their own hand sanitizer before and after play.
- Pickleball courts will be set-up or broken down by Facility Staff only.
- Facility staff will be required to wear mask and will monitor the gym during the program to ensure that guidelines are being followed.
- Restrooms will be available but limited to one (1) person use at a time.
- Players will be allowed to bring their own paddles. All equipment, including player paddles, will be sanitized by Facility staff at the start of the program.
- Facility Staff will maintain sanitation of high touch areas to include:
- Chairs and bleachers
- Doorknobs & handles, interior & exterior
- Bathroom stalls, interior & exterior
- Bathroom toilets & touchable surfaces
- Bathroom sinks & countertops
- Paper towel & soap dispensers
- Failure to comply with these rules could result in the closure of the courts.
- Players, if you or family members have displayed any symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. If you are vulnerable or have any underlying health conditions, do not play pickleball.
Life has been tough with Covid-19, but remember fun happens here!
Port Tobacco Pickleball Court