Charles County Recreation, Parks & Tourism
Skip to nav
Computer Coding Classes by Create and Learn
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Founded by Former Product Director at Google and Senior Tech Lead at Apple and Uber, Create & Learn offers amazing online coding classes for children in grades K through 10. Your child can learn to build games, stories, animation, and control robots through an interactive hands-on curriculum. Class meets once a week for four weeks. Choose the right course based on your child’s age and interest.
Introducing Create & Learn Video
Technical Requirements: All classes require a laptop or desktop device with zoom, a Chrome browser, and high internet connectivity
- Minecraft Modding Quest & Roblox Coding Studio: Chromebooks are not supported
- Roblox also requires a mechanical mouse.
- Scratch Junior: Students must have an iPad or Android Tablet to attend the class. You also need a computer. Please join Zoom from your computer.
- No prerequisites: Scratch Ninja, Accelerated Scratch, Scratch Junior
- Junior Robotics, Python for AI, & Mobile Coding: Scratch coding experience and familiarity with block coding are highly recommended but not required.
- Minecraft Modding Quest: For students who are new to coding, we recommend taking Scratch Ninja 1&2 first before taking this class.
- Roblox Coding Studio: Requires familiarity of fundamental coding concepts. If your child is new to coding, take Scratch Ninja 1&2.