Charles County Recreation, Parks & Tourism
Skip to nav
Port Tobacco Recreation Center Youth Basketball Drop-In
Open-style basketball with semi-organized games. All players are required to complete a health screening, temperature check, wear a mask, and adhere to social distancing during play. 5v5 play on full court.
Drop-In Fee: $3 / RecPass Eligible
14-17 Port Tobacco W Apr 28-May 26 7:15-8:30p
14-17 Port Tobacco Su May 30-Jun 13 1:00-2:30p
14-17 Port Tobacco M/W Jun 2-Jun 16 6:00-7:30p
Adult & Youth Basketball Drop-In/Program Policies & Guidelines
Port Tobacco Recreation Center & Waldorf Senior and Recreational Center
- Basketball play is on a PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK basis.
- Court time slots days and times vary per location. 30 minutes between court time slots. Most time slots will run from between 1hr and 15 minutes to 1hr and 30 minutes.
- Both daily drop in and/or a 3-week program that meets twice a week or 6-week program that meets once a week options maybe offered.
- Players are permitted to enter the facility at scheduled time and must abide by social distancing measures during check-in procedures. Spectators are not allowed. Parents may be allowed to shoot around with their child if six or less participants are at a session.
- At check-in, a health questionnaire and temperature scan must be completed by all players.
- Players must maintain social distancing (no closer than 6’ to other players).
- Face masks are required indoors for participants ages 5 and up at all times when at Charles County Recreation, Parks and Tourism facilities. Basketball players will be required to keep their mask on during play while indoors.
- Players must vacate the facility immediately once scheduled time has ended. No congregating in the facility or on the premises is permitted.
- Each session will allow for a 15-player maximum, and teams will be created onsite. Game play will be 5v5, with five (5) players waiting to play.
- Game will have a 12-minute time limit. Team with the highest score at the end of 12 minutes or first team to score 10 points wins the game and will remain on the court to play the next group of five (5) waiting. Side baskets will not be available for use while full court games are in progress. Game time and point limit can be adjusted by facility staff as necessary.
- It is recommended for players to wash hands and use their own hand sanitizer before and after play.
- Facility staff will be required to wear mask and will facilitate and monitor game play.
- Restrooms will be available but limited to one (1) person use at a time.
- All playing equipment will be provided by the facility. All equipment will be sanitized by Facility staff at the start of the program. Outside basketballs will not be permitted inside the gym.
- Facility Staff will maintain sanitation of high touch areas to include:
- Chairs and bleachers
- Doorknobs & handles, interior & exterior
- Bathroom stalls, interior & exterior
- Bathroom toilets & touchable surfaces
- Bathroom sinks & countertops
- Paper towel & soap dispensers
- Failure to comply with these rules could result in the closure of the court.
- Players, if you or family members have displayed any symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. If you are vulnerable or have any underlying health conditions, do not play basketball.
Life has been tough with Covid-19, but remember fun happens here!