Charles County Recreation, Parks & Tourism
Skip to nav
Taught by Master Lynnette Love, a 1988 Olympic Gold Medalist and 8th Dan Grandmaster, who has been teaching since 1984. Students will learn basic kicking, punching and self-defense skills through repetition and will promote through various belts to the ultimate goal of Black Belt. Sparring techniques, kicking targets, and basic forms (pattern to an invisible opponent) are some of the physical elements of Taekwondo.
Registration is monthly and on a first come first serve basis. Classes include both once and twice a week option. No registrations will be taken after the first class of each month. Monthly emails will be sent to participates to notify of any scheduled class changes due to holidays or center closures. Equipment fee will be collected at the first class.
Testing Fees: $55 (up to Jr Red Belts); $70 (Red Belts to Jr Black Belts); $60 Uniform and $15 T-Shirt fee (Optional)
Other Information and Notes:
- M/W classes 7-8 classes per month. Promise of only seven (7). Will make up one (1) class if two (2) of the eight (8) were canceled.
- 3-4 classes on Sat. Promise of only three (3). Will make up one (1) class if two (2) of the four (4) were canceled.
- Weeknight classes will start on Mon. January 3rd
- Saturday classes will start on Sat. January 8th
- Class will be held in the cafeteria.