Charles County Recreation, Parks & Tourism
Skip to nav
Port Tobacco Recreation Center 18+ Co-Ed Volleyball Drop-In
Open-style volleyball with semi organized games. All players are required to complete a health screening, temperature check, wear a mask, and adhere to social distancing during play. 4v4 play on two courts or 6v6 play on single court. Pre-registration required. No online registration. Walk-ins only.
$5.00 / $3.00 / RecPass Min. 2 / Max. 18
Starts: Thursday Ongoing 8:00p-9:15p
Adult Volleyball Court Use Policies & Guidelines
Port Tobacco Recreation Center
All Changes Effective April 23, 2021
- Adult Volleyball play is on a PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK basis.
- Players must maintain social distancing (no closer than 6’ to other players).
- Adult Volleyball hours: Thursday 8:00-9:15p. Schedule is subject to change. Check website for changes.
- Players are permitted to enter the facility at the scheduled time and must abide by social distancing measures during check-in procedures. Spectators are not allowed.
- At check-in, a health questionnaire and temperature scan must be completed by all players.
- Face masks are required indoors for participants ages 5 and up at all times when at Charles County Recreation, Parks and Tourism facilities. Volleyball players are required to keep their mask on during play while indoors.
- Players must vacate the court immediately once scheduled time has ended. No congregating in the facility is permitted.
- A maximum of two (2) courts will be offered during posted volleyball dates/times. Middle court area will remain an open space and used as waiting area and to divide the courts.
- Players will be limited to 4v4 on a single court if both courts are running. Players can play 6v6 if only a single court is running.
- The courts will be set-up with chairs distanced 6’ around the perimeter for players to use during play. Player’s water and any personal items will remain at their chair.
- Each session will allow for a 18-player maximum. Eight (8) players maximum allowed per court (4v4) with one (1) player waiting to play per court. Single court and 6v6 play will be permitted only if there are less than 14 players per session and a maximum of two (2) players waiting to play.
- It is recommended for players to wash hands and use their own hand sanitizer before and after play.
- Volleyball courts will be set-up or broken down by Facility Staff only.
- Facility staff will be required to wear mask and will monitor the gym during the program to ensure that guidelines are being followed.
- Restrooms will be available but limited to one (1) person use at a time.
- Players are not allowed to bring in their own equipment.
- All equipment will be sanitized by Facility Staff prior to and after the program.
- Facility Staff will maintain sanitation of high touch areas to include:
- Chairs and bleachers
- Doorknobs & handles, interior & exterior
- Bathroom stalls, interior & exterior
- Bathroom toilets & touchable surfaces
- Bathroom sinks & countertops
- Paper towel & soap dispensers
- Failure to comply with these rules could result in the closure of the courts.
- Players, if you or family members have displayed any symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home. If you are vulnerable or have any underlying health conditions, do not play volleyball.
Life has been tough with Covid-19, but remember fun happens here!